Car Seat Safety
Traveling our highways can be a dangerous journey. Make sure your children are in a certified car seat appropriate for their size and weight that is properly installed in your vehicle.
Your children are relying on you to obey the laws and keep them safe while traveling on our roads.
- Never use a used car seat from a friend or second hand store
- Check the manufacture date on the back of the car seat to determine the expiry date, (usually seven years from the manufacture date) to ensure it has not expired
- Always install car seat in rear or middle seats, never in front seat
- Ensure tether strap is properly attached on all forward facing car seats
- It is safer to use two car seats for two vehicles instead of switching one car seat between vehicles
If you have questions about the topics discussed in this video you may use the following contact information:
- Mississauga: 3425 Laird Rd (403/Dundas St.)
- Brampton: 350 Rutherford Rd. S. (410/Steeles Ave.)
- Concord: 1600 Steeles Ave. W. (Dufferrin/Steeles Ave.)