Chipotle sausage and potato hash recipe
Add a little heat to cool autumn breakfasts with this easy-to-make recipe courtesy of Tabasco. It’s filling and hearty enough to even add to your weeknight dinner rotation.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large Yukon or Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¾ lb chicken, turkey or Italian pork sausage mild, casings removed (3 links)
- ½ of each red and green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle sauce (or to taste)
- 4 fried eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until they’re about halfway cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage, peppers, garlic and Tabasco to the skillet and stir. Reduce the heat, and continue cooking until potatoes are cooked through, another 10 minutes.
- Divide hash in four different plates. Pan-fry eggs to your liking, place on top of hash and serve.