Beast’s Maple Whisky Turkey Burger
Toronto restaurateur Scott Vivian’s food is so good that Anthony Bourdain once requested him as his personal caterer during a visit to Toronto. Vivian owns and operates Beast Bodega and was excited to work with the Turkey Farmers of Canada on this epic, one-of-a-kind double-decker burger made with delicious turkey patties, melted cheddar, caramelized onions and Kinsip maple whisky.
It’s the perfect summer burger for any occasion, from Canada Day to BBQs to cookouts.
Credit: Scott Vivian/@scottvivian
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- .5 lbs ground turkey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Kinsip maple whisky
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 potato roll
- 2 tbsp caramelized onions
- 1 tbsp ballpark mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1. Divide ground turkey into two balls and form into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat large pan on medium high heat. Add vegetable oil.
3. While pan is heating up, mix mayonnaise and maple whiskey in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. When pan is hot, carefully place turkey patties in pan away from yourself. Brown patties on first side, around 4-5 minutes. Once browned, flip patties, add slices of cheese, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and allow turkey patties to finish cooking and cheese to melt.
6. Now, to build your turkey burger! Place bottom potato roll on cutting board. Spread caramelized onions evenly on bottom bun. Drizzle desired amount of ballpark mustard on top of caramelized onions. Place first turkey patty on top of ballpark mustard. Next, place second turkey patty on top. Then, garnish the top turkey patty with shredded lettuce. Lastly, spread maple whiskey mayonnaise on top bun and place on shredded lettuce.
7. Enjoy this juicy, delicious burger. You might want to make another one for later!