Oooeeey goooey do-it-yourself slime
Slime, goo, putty, snot, ooze – whatever you want to call it, is a perfect fall activity for a lazy Sunday afternoon. With a few ingredients you’ll find around the house, you can make your very own slime that you’re kids will love. Not only will this do-it-yourself slime provide hours of slimy enjoyment, it’s also fun to make.
What you need:
- 8 oz. bottle of white all-purpose glue
- Borax (a boxed soap found in the grocery store)
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Food colouring
- Paper towels (for clean up)
How to make your slime:
- Empty the entire bottle of white glue into your mixing bowl. Fill the empty bowl with water, shake, and pour the gluey water into the bowl.
- Add a few drops of food colouring.
- Add ½ cup warm water to the small mixing bowl and add a teaspoon of Borax to the water. Stir to mix.
- Slowly add the Borax mixture to the glue mixture, stirring constantly – as you stir, the combined mixtures will start to transform into slime.
- Now you have a bowl full of slime to play with!
- When you’re finished, seal it in a zip-lock bag to play with another day.