From Chef Cory Vitiello
Easy, Light Reunion Fare
This seasonally-inspired recipe uses fresh, local veggies and herbs for a healthy, light and easy-to-make dish, perfect for summer reunions.
Prep. Time: 25 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
1 pkg. (300 g) Catelli SuperGreens™ Spaghetti
2 yellow zucchini
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1½ cups (375 mL) shelled peas (preferably fresh)
1 bunch of asparagus, ends removed and cut on an angle into 1 inch lengths
½ cup (125 mL) mint leaves
½ cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
½ cup (125 mL) fresh parsley leaves
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 cup (250 mL) fresh ricotta cheese
1 cup (250 mL) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
4 tbsp (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Bring 4 liters of salted water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, remove skin from yellow zucchinis and discard. Peel long even strips off of zucchini using a vegetable peeler, turning evenly until spongy centre is reached.
3. In a large straight sided sauté pan set over medium heat, add cherry tomatoes, olive oil and garlic. Cook tomatoes just until they begin to burst and release their juices.
4. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
5. While pasta is cooking, add peas and asparagus to sauté pan. Stir gently for approximately 3 minutes until just tender. Add zucchini shavings; continue to gently cook for no longer than 3 minutes.
6. Strain pasta and add to sauté pan along with basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, mint, and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Gently stir pasta to evenly coat noodles. Adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired. Plate spaghetti and drop a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over top. Garnish with a few leaves of fresh herbs, olive oil and fresh ground pepper